Access a variety of services online.
You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery.
Online services offered
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Viewing test results
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Viewing your patient record
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
Mobile and tablet apps for the online providers available from your relevant App Store/Play Store.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
In order to set up your online services account you must first come in to the surgery reception, with a form of photo ID.
- We will ask you to fill out a short form with your details and the email address you wish to use to log in and to manage your account.
- The reception staff member will take the form and note that they have verified your identity, and your form will be processed within 2-3 working days.
- Once your account is initially set up here at the surgery, you will receive an email at the address you provided with three website links to different providers of these online services who have been approved by the NHS, the most commonly used of which is Patient Access. You will need to visit the website and register your account with them.
- The email will also contain your unique account ID, and a one-off linkage key – which you will need to register (these will be one of the first things that is asked for when you register on the website).
- Once you have successfully registered, you will be able to use the online services immediately.
If you have any problems with your account, please contact us.
Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine.
Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality.Log in to online services
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish. Please note that we will need a separate email address provided for managing more than one account (i.e. for one or more children in addition to your own account) – the system does not allow the same email address to be linked to different patient accounts for security reasons.
We take the security of your information very seriously. By working with EMIS, the company that provides the computer systems for our practice, we can ensure that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the EMIS website are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
The website is administered at a remote high-security site managed by TPP, not at the practice, so there is no possibility of unauthorised access. Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves the security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.