We are now operating a walk-in service at the surgery. Rather than phoning for an “Urgent” appointment on the day, we will have a “walk-in” clinic starting at 8 am every day. This will run from 8am to 10.00am Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that you will need to wait to be seen and you will have the choice of either a male of female GP should you wish.
However, you will not be able to see the GP of your choice. The Walk-In service needs to run efficiently on a first come first served basis (unless a patient situation is deemed as urgent). We cannot accommodate individual requests to see a particular GP.
The key features of this system are:-
- You must be a registered patient of the practice
- This clinic is an urgent clinic and will be for 1 problem only. If you need to see a GP for more than one problem, it will still be necessary to book for a routine appointment.
- It will not be necessary to telephone for an urgent appointment in this clinic. Patients will simply need to book in at the reception desk as they arrive.
- Patients must arrive by 10.00am.
- There will be one “walk-in” list and patients will be added as they arrive. Patients will then generally be seen in the order they have arrived.
- Patients will be asked to give details of their 1 problem so that this information can be added to the list. Patients will also be asked to complete a quick form to take into their appointment.
- There will be a number of GP’s operating this clinic each day and they will take patients from the walk-in list and see them in sequence.
- If you have not arrived at the surgery by 10.00am you will not be able to access this service.
- This service is only for Urgent appointments. Other appointments such as Routine appointments will still be available to book in advance.
- It is likely you will need to wait to be seen and the waiting time is dependent on the number of patients accessing the service. Please be patient if you do need to wait.