All patients identified as highest clinical risk who are shielding are asked to register with the government website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
This service provides three offers of support:
- Essential grocery supplies – a free, standardised weekly parcel of food and household essentials, as well as priority delivery slots with supermarkets (currently only available to those who are already registered with the supermarket in question);
- Medicines – arrangements to have medicines delivered to people’s homes by local community pharmacies and dispensing doctors; and
- Social contact and basic needs – for example, emotional or social support such as people to talk to on the phone or via a computer.
- To receive support, patients must be in receipt of a letter from the NHS, or from their GP/hospital clinician, advising them to follow shielding guidance due to their medical condition.
- Please note, there may be a short delay between people being identified as clinically highest clinical risk, a flag being applied to their patient record, and support arriving.
- If patients receive a letter, and do not register with the Government support website, Government call agents will contact them directly to confirm whether they have a need, and to help you register if appropriate.