Look after your health so you can focus on your studies
Our team at Burton Croft understand the stress and strains of moving away from home for the first time. The financial and academic pressures of being a student can lead to anxiety and depression. Our GP’s are there to listen and advice on how best to treat your feelings and thoughts, so you can begin living like a happy and confident student again.
It is really important for you to have a doctor’s surgery at university or college especially if you have an ongoing health condition such as diabetes, asthma or epilepsy. At Burton Croft we provide comprehensive support and management of on-going health conditions so that you can get on with your studies.
We cover all aspects of Student Healthcare, including the following areas:
If you are unwell:
- Burton Croft offers appointments, including on the day appointments, within our normal opening hours Monday to Friday, so that we can identify your health needs and offer appropriate and timely appointments and advice. We are also open on Saturday mornings 8.30 to 11.30 for pre-booked appointments.
- We can offer health advice and support in relation to self-limiting illness such as common colds, fresher’s flu, sore throats and earache over the phone. For more severe illness we have access to urgent appointments including same day.
- Advice on safe sex, sexual health and contraception to prevent you being at risk of un-wanted events. This includes advice on emergency contraception.
- STI’S such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, can be symptom less, to insure you are not at risk we have free condoms available from our nurses and GPs.
For further information please use the following link:
Anxiety or Depression
- The stress and strains of moving away from home for the first time, including financial and academic pressures of being a student, can lead to anxiety and depression.
- Our GP’s are there to listen and advise on how best to treat your feelings and thoughts, so you can begin living like a happy and confident student again.
Drinking, Smoking and Drugs Advice
- You may drink, smoke, take drugs or a combination of these! We can help you by giving advice on these situations and how these could affect your health in later life.
- We can help you and support you with advice on how to successfully stop smoking.
- Thinking of going travelling? Burton Croft has a team of nurses experienced in travel health that can offer you travel advice tailored to your individual needs.
- We can help with key things to remember and also timescales for the necessary vaccinations and medication.
- There is no charge for information and advice provided in our Travel Clinic, however not all vaccinations and medication are provided free by the NHS.
- For more information about travel clinics click here
- We offer a specialized sport’s injury clinic run by a GP with extensive experience in treating sprains, ligament and joint injuries.
- We are happy to participate in sport report examinations towards your placements and perform the Camp America examination, for your fun summer away!
For further information on Student Health please use the links below: